Congratulations to KHA 2018
Trustees of the Year Nominees
Purpose of the Award
The Trustee of the Year Award recognizes and honors hospitals board members who are leaders, give back to the community and routinely go beyond the call of duty. KHA members are encouraged to recognize those trustees who have served with distinction and made significant contributions to the betterment of their hospital and community. The Trustee of the Year Award was established by the Kansas Hospital Association Board in 2013. The award recognizes hospital trustees who provide an exemplary contribution through their leadership and governance.
The nominee must be an active member of a hospital board that holds current membership in the Kansas Hospital Association. The nominee must have completed their self-evaluation in the KHA Trustee Recognition and Accountability Program. Nominees should demonstrate the following characteristics: Leadership: demonstrates leadership or involvement in the field of hospital governance. Commitment: contributes both time and talent to bettering the hospital and other health care services in the community. Advocacy: increases public attention to the health care needs of the community and has created public concern for meeting those needs. Impact: analyzes issues, defines problems and brings issues to a successful conclusion.
Each KHA member can nominate one trustee annually. Nominations are submitted online and reviewed by a committee of peers in the hospital/health care industry. The committee may recommend one or multiple Trustees of the Year be awarded. All other nominees will be recognized with an honorable mention. The committee’s recommendation is presented to the Executive Committee of the KHA Board of Directors for approval. A photograph of each nominee is required.
Award Presentation and Recognition
All nominees (honorable mentions and Trustees of the Year) will be recognized at the KHA Annual Convention and the Critical Issues Summit. They will be highlighted in a media release, KHA newsletters and on the Web site. The Trustee(s) of the Year will receive a $500 donation to their hospital foundation (charitable giving) on their behalf. They will be given the Trustee of the Year Award and a complimentary registration to the KHA Annual Convention and Award’s Luncheon.
Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on June. 1. For additional information, call KHA at (785) 233-7436.
- March – Call for nominations
- June 1 – Nominations are due
- June – Nominations reviewed by committee
- July – Recommendation presented to the Executive Committee for approval
- September – Awardee(s) honored at KHA Annual Convention
Materials to Be Submitted
All nominations must be submitted electronically.
Questions on the online nomination form are:
1. In a brief description (250 words or less), please address the nominee’s work in the following area: Leadership: How does the nominee demonstrate leadership or involvement in the field of hospital governance? Is the individual recognized by his/her peers as having a high level of proficiency and demonstrated competence? Share how the individual is a recognized leader in the community and in his or her own business or profession.
2. In a brief description (250 words or less), please address the nominee’s work in the following area: Commitment: Highlight the nominee’s contributions of both time and talent to bettering the hospital and other health care services in the community. How has the individual brought about specific and positive changes that have advanced health care services in the community, such as improved facilities or new ways to deliver health care services? These contributions can be over time or through a single program/event with the community at large.
3. In a brief description (250 words or less), please address the nominee’s work in the following area: Advocacy: Share how the nominee has increased public attention to the health care needs of the community and has created public concern for meeting those needs; how the individual advocates on behalf of the hospital and/or health care industry or helps shape hospital-related legislation; and how individual is involved on the community, state or national level as an advocate for health and health care access, quality and affordability.
4. In a brief description (250 words or less), please address the nominee’s work in the following area: Impact: Discuss how the nominee analyzes issues, defines problems and brings issues to a successful conclusion; and how the nominees builds consensus and mediates disagreements. Share how this individual works closely with their local, state anJudy Rd/or national health care communities to forge relationships, including the hospital’s relationship with specific segments of the community (for example: business leaders, seniors, etc.).
5. Nominees must completed their self-evaluation in the KHA Trustee Recognition and Accountability Program.