Encouraging Excellence and Innovation is the focus of Healthworks' annual Health Care Scholarship. In this competitive scholarship, the Foundation assists deserving individuals interested in improving their abilities to provide quality care in Kansas. Applications are received during January and February each year. Any individual who is currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited Kansas school for health care is invited to apply. Preference will be given to current hospital employees, particularly those working in a hospital that is licensed for 25 or fewer acute beds. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Undergraduate Health Care: undergraduate students in non-nursing health care fields. Sample degrees include: Physical Therapy Assistant, Clinical Lab Scientist, Phlebotomy, Pharmacy Technician, Occupational Therapy Assistant and Medical Imaging.
- Undergraduate Nursing: undergraduate students who have been accepted into a licensed or degreed nursing program. Sample degrees include: Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse and Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Advanced Clinical Practice: graduate level students in any clinical health care discipline. Sample degrees include: Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Master of Social Work, Family Nurse Practitioner, Doctorate of Pharmacy and Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
- Health Care Administration: students in health care administration, whether under- or graduate level. Sample degrees include: Organizational Leadership, Healthcare Administration, Leadership, Master of Science Management and Healthcare Management – sponsored by the Kansas Association of Health Care Executives.
- Human Resources: students in health care human resource related field, whether under- or graduate level. Sample degrees include: Human Resources or another degree with a concentration in Human Resources – sponsored by the Kansas Hospital Human Resources Association.
Click HERE to Apply
Scholarship Program Partners
The Kansas Association of Health Care Executives provides scholarships to individuals seeking a degree in health care administration.
To support those working in human resources, the Kansas Healthcare Human Resources Association provides scholarships to be given to individuals wanting to work in HR in a healthcare setting.
Previous RecipientsIn 2022, the Foundation awarded nearly $25,000 in scholarships to 22 individuals. Congratulations to the recipients and their hospitals.