President's Perspective – KHA Planning to Recognize and Honor Our Members This Fall
(May 15, 2020) – Amidst all the uncertainties in the current healthcare environment, one thing remains definite: across the state, your teams are making a huge difference. As we begin to chart our activities for the remainder of 2020, we want to ensure that the Kansas Hospital Association recognizes all of our members who have rallied our state through this unprecedented environment. Normally, our annual convention and awards luncheon would be the place where we would gather to do this. While we don't yet know what kind of gatherings will be safe and prudent this September, we do know that in 2020, these kinds of recognitions will be more important than ever. In other words, we plan to highlight you and your teams, even if we have to be especially creative to do so.
We have delayed the start of our nomination process to allow our members extra time to share their stories and have extended the deadline to June 15. If you believe you need more time to send us a nomination, please let us know.
Nominations can be made online at the links below. KHA members are encouraged to nominate individuals for the following awards:
- The Charles S. Billings Award is the top honor given by KHA. The award recognizes a hospital leader for his or her lifetime of service and continuing contribution to the health care of Kansas. This award was established in 1971 to honor Charles Billings' dedication and years of service to Kansans. Online nomination form
- The Distinguished Health Care Advocate Award honors individuals, organizations or groups that have provided an exemplary contribution to the health and well-being of the people of Kansas through their leadership in the political or policy arena. This award allows KHA members the opportunity to recognize those who work on our behalf from outside our ranks. Online nomination form
- The Donald A. Wilson Visionary Award recognizes hospital-related individuals who have made an outstanding, innovative contribution to health care delivery, health care financing or initiatives that improve the health and clinical outcomes of their community. This award was established in 2007 to honor Donald Wilson's dedication and years of service to Kansans. Online nomination form
- The Trustee of the Year Award honors a hospital board member from member hospitals who is a leader, gives back to the community and routinely goes beyond the call of duty. KHA members are encouraged to recognize a trustee who has served with distinction and made significant contributions to the betterment of their hospital and community. Online nomination form
- The Health Care Worker of the Year Award recognizes and honors the excellence of health care workers statewide. All nominated employees (one employee from every hospital may be nominated) will be recognized by KHA for making a significant contribution to the betterment of their hospital. Online nomination form
We know many individuals are instrumental in making a difference for hospitals in Kansas and the health care they provide to our communities every day. KHA appreciates your assistance in helping us recognize and highlight the deep and broad appreciation for that work. Please make your online nominations by June 15 at https://www.kha-net.org/AboutKHA/KHAAwards/.