(May 29, 2020) – We know your teams are making a huge difference. The Kansas Hospital Association would like to recognize all of our members who have rallied through this current environment. We hope to be able to gather this fall for our annual convention and awards luncheon ... but even if the event has to change, we do not want the recognition to be absent. We plan to highlight you and your teams, one way or another.
We have delayed the start of our nomination process in hopes to wait until our members may have time to share their stories with us. We also have extended the deadline to June 15. If you think you need more time to send us a nomination, please let us know.
Nominations can be made online at the links below. KHA members are encouraged to nominate individuals for the following awards:
- The Charles S. Billings Award is the top honor given by KHA. The award recognizes a hospital leader for his or her lifetime of service and continuing contribution to the health care of Kansas. This award was established in 1971 to honor Charles Billings' dedication and years of service to Kansans. Online nomination form
- The Distinguished Health Care Advocate Award honors individuals, organizations or groups that have provided an exemplary contribution to the health and well-being of the people of Kansas through their leadership in the political or policy arena. This award allows KHA members the opportunity to recognize those who work on our behalf from outside our ranks. Online nomination form
- The Donald A. Wilson Visionary Award recognizes hospital-related individuals who have made an outstanding, innovative contribution to health care delivery, health care financing or initiatives that improve the health and clinical outcomes of their community. This award was established in 2007 to honor Donald Wilson's dedication and years of service to Kansans. Online nomination form
- The Trustee of the Year Award honors a hospital board member from member hospitals who is a leader, gives back to the community and routinely goes beyond the call of duty. KHA members are encouraged to recognize a trustee who has served with distinction and made significant contributions to the betterment of their hospital and community. Online nomination form
- The Health Care Worker of the Year Award recognizes and honors the excellence of health care workers statewide. All nominated employees (one from every hospital) will be recognized by KHA for making a significant contribution to the betterment of their hospital. Online nomination form
We know many individuals are instrumental in making a difference for hospitals in Kansas and the health care they provide to our communities, everyday ... not just during a crisis. This is a great opportunity to recognize the deep and broad appreciation we have for the work being done in Kansas. We ask for your assistance in helping to identify those individuals that deserve recognition.