(Sept. 11, 2020) – Earlier this month, the Kansas Hospital Association made several staff changes, as well as announcing the recruitment of several new positions. We are pleased to announce the following personnel changes that became effective Sept. 1, 2020.
- Cindy Samuelson has been promoted to senior vice president, member and public relations. For more than 18 years, Cindy has been a valued employee that has tirelessly represented KHA and our membership. In her new role, Cindy will become more involved in strengthening our membership engagement and expanding our communication outreach to members, policymakers and the public.
- Karen Braman has taken on the role of senior vice president, clinical and strategic initiatives. Karen's experience in quality and patient safety initiatives will be crucial as she helps guide KHA's efforts to assist KHA members in striving for optimal health for Kansans. Karen will continue to oversee several other key areas within the association, including our work with the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts and the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Audrey Dunkel has transitioned into the role of vice president, government relations. Audrey has been a staunch advocate on behalf of Kansas hospitals and has demonstrated her ability to effectively unite KHA members with our elected officials. In her new role, Audrey will serve as the primary government relations executive overseeing KHA's advocacy work on both the state and federal level. Audrey also serve as our in-house expert on legal policy issues; thus, relying on her K.U. law degree.
- Ron Marshall, director, preparedness and regulatory affairs, has assumed additional tasks related to regulatory activities. Besides his current duties, Ron also will take on the responsibility as the KHA liaison on hospital survey and certification issues with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
- Lisa Conaway, senior director, accounting and benefits, also has assumed additional duties. Besides her usual responsibilities, Lisa will now oversee many of our internal HR duties.
KHA is in the process of recruiting several new positions, including:
- Vice President, State Legislative Relations. This position will serve as the point of contact for members of the Kansas Legislature and other assigned stakeholders. The position will participate in KHA's policy development and be responsible for effectively advocating KHA's policy positions at the Kansas statehouse.
- Vice President, Health Care Finance and Reimbursement. With the retirement of Tish Hollingsworth in January 2021, KHA is in the process of recruiting her successor. The intention is to bring Tish's replacement on board later this year to allow some overlap with the transition.
- Director, Communications. This will be a new position within KHA that will focus on expanding the breadth of communications and statistics that KHA provides to the members, policymakers and the public.