(Aug. 7, 2020) – Month-Long Observances
- Breastfeeding Month (National)
- Children's Eye Health and Safety Month
- Digestive Tract Paralysis Awareness Month
- Gastroparesis Awareness Month
- Immunization Awareness Month (National)
- Medic Alert Awareness Month
- Psoriasis Action Month
- Summer Sun Safety Month.
- Aug. 1-7 – Breastfeeding Week (World)
- Aug. 9-15 – Health Center Week (National)
- Aug. 23-29 – Health Unit Coordinator Week
Recognition Days | Events
- Aug. 20 – Opioid Misuse Prevention Day
August is National Immunization Awareness Month, and we encourage you to visit the Immunize Kansas Coalition's website for helpful tips and tools that highlight the importance of vaccines and to help encourage your patients to ensure their vaccines are up to date.
Key messages during NIAM include:
- You have the power to protect against vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Vaccines are safe and effective at preventing serious diseases.
- Ensure your patients are up to date on routine vaccines. Encourage your patients to work with their doctor or nurse to stay up to date on recommended vaccines.
- Vaccine-preventable diseases are still a threat. Vaccination is the best protection.
The 2020 Health Observances Calendar is intended to provide members with accurate and authoritative information about health care related events. The calendar is published and copyrighted in cooperation with the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development of the American Hospital Association. All rights are reserved. Special thanks to the Kansas Health Service Corporation for their sponsorship of the Health Observances Calendar. In an effort to go green and reduce paper waste, the calendar is only available on the KHA website; login is required. If you have questions, please contact Jan Fenwick at (785) 233-7436.