(May 7, 2021) – The House and Senate Budget Conference Committee conferees completed work on outstanding budget items late last night contained in Substitute for Senate Bill 159. The Conference Committee negotiated differences between the House and Senate positions, so the legislation could go before the House and Senate before the legislative adjournment.
The final package includes:
- Interim review of Pharmacy Benefit Manager practices related to 340B entities by a 13-member interim committee appointed by the Legislative Coordinating Council
- Additional funding for the Kansas Department of Health and Environment to administer the Rural Hospital Innovation Grant Program
- Additional funding and language raising the protected income level for home and community-based services waivers
- Additional funding for certified community behavioral health clinics
- Additional funding for the operational costs of the 988 crisis hotline