KHERF Scholarships Available
Encouraging Excellence and Innovation is the focus of the Kansas Hospital Education and Research Foundation's annual Health Care Scholarship. In this competitive scholarship, the Foundation assists deserving individuals interested in improving their abilities to provide quality care in Kansas. Any individual who is currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited Kansas school for health care is invited to apply. Preference will be given to current hospital employees, particularly those working in a hospital that is licensed for 25 or fewer acute beds. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Advanced Clinical Practice: graduate level students in any clinical practice health care discipline (KHERF)
- Health Care Administration: students in health care administration (KAHCE)
- Human Resources: students in healthcare human resource related field (KHHRA)
- Undergraduate Health Care: undergraduate students in non-nursing health care fields (KHERF)
- Undergraduate Nursing: undergraduate students who have been accepted into a licensed or degreed nursing program (KHERF)
Scholarship Program Partners
The Kansas Association of Health Care Executives provides scholarships to individuals seeking a degree in health care administration.
To support those working in human resources, the Kansas Healthcare Human Resources Association provides scholarships to be given to individuals wanting to work in HR in a healthcare setting.
In the 15th Annual Health Care Scholarship Program, KHERF partnered with KHHRA and KAHCE to provide 32 scholarships totaling $24,000. Thirty-four honorable mention awardees also were named to serve as alternates.
KHERF received 167 applications from 150 individuals in 2018. Each application was considered by KHERF's Scholarship Review Committee according to established criterion.
Congratulations to the recipients and their hospitals. A complete list of recipients and honorable mention alternates is attached.